Thursday, May 19, 2011

Still

The storm may rise, great waves may form,
Still You are Master over the storm.

Darkness may cover the day as night,
Still You’re the source of eternal Light.

The earth may buckle, at every new shock,
Still You remain our immovable Rock.

Or flesh may fail, our hearts may falter,
Still You accept us s we bow at Your altar.

Circumstance may cause us from hope to refrain,
Still Your Truth stands, its promise remains.

By each still You call to us, “Be still your heart,
“I’ve called you My own, I’ve set you apart.”

“Come,” You call, “Enter My presence, be still,
“Sit still beside Me, I’ll show you My will.”

Still, in Your presence, we find rest in Your peace,
Into our struggles life and hope You release.

And here in Your presence, our stilled hearts become sure,
It is by Your Spirit we still shall endure.

Be still our hearts, Lord, may we bring You praise,
Confident You’re sovereign over all of our days.

By Diana DePriest
© April 10, 2011

No comments: