Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ache

The burden of knowledge is great
You say "Look" but I do not want to see 
But what I see I say and it comes at a cost

The cost is grand
Speaking Truth 
It makes me untrustworthy
Why is that so?

Ignorance would be blissful
To not know
To have nothing to say
To be simple
Easy
Non-threatening
Not me

"Pray," they say
But it does not settle my soul
Injustice
Unfairness
Exclusion
I cannot stand to watch
To stand watch

It is easier now
Standing on the outside
But to watch others be pushed out
My own pushed
On the outside
Because they belong to me

Their ache is my ache
Their hurt is my heart
When they strive
I put myself in their path
I take the blow
I become the culprit

Because I see
What they cannot see
And though they hear
The Truth
They do not understand it

This broken world
The broken life
We broken people
We hurt
We hurt each other

I ache
My people ache
Your people ache
All of creation aches
For You

In our pain 
We wound
Wandering towards Home
But not really knowing the way
Longing for Your voice
So hard to hear

I wish that I did not see
Did not speak
Did not ache

But even more
I wish it for them

But it is not to be
For the longing is real
We are far from Home
Travel is wearying
The road is too long

Ache

Diana DePriest
© August 21, 2014








No comments: