Sunday, January 22, 2012

Heartache

There's a heartache that lives inside of me,
Ache deep inside born of a desire to be free.

Free from the temporary and things that fall short,
For all of the good things that sins mar and distort.

My heart hurts for being so much less than You meant,
For all the days longing, waiting, failing, I've spent.

My heart aches for questions that go unanswered each day,
I ache for the fear that it may always be this way.

I ache for the pain I see all about,
I ache for the fear, confusion and doubt.

The whole of me aches because this world is not home,
And sometimes while here, I feel lost and alone.

Heartache so great like a wave it pulls me deep down,
At times I can't breathe, overwhelmed by the darkness around.

My heart aches for You, I long to breathe You in deep,
Rest under Your wing where there safely I'll sleep.

I need You Lord, take my aching heart in Your hand,
Bring healing and hope, give me strength so I'll stand.

Always the heartache will linger, I know,
Because where I am now isn't my home.

I'm not who You created me to be,
I'm bound by this world, not living free.

My heart aches for the day when we'll stand face to face,
And my heartache will heal in Your warm embrace.

I love You Lord, my heart aches for You,
For Your love, and hope, and Your promises true.

By Diana DePriest
©January 22, 2012

No comments: